Date:      28 Sep 2001 13:05:43 -0500
From:      "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@lloydix.2y.net>
To:        anc <camcom@optonline.net>
Cc:        free bsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: web site test (Re: Denied for not using Microsoft OS)

On 28 Sep 2001 02:35:04 -0400, anc wrote:
> > looks ok to me in netscape-linux 4.78 & mozilla 0.9.4 (freebsd 4.4); do
> > you have anything specific in your mind?
> >
> > btw, "help wanted" forum gives "not found" error.
> Hmmm that's off all the forums load fine under IE6:(  Yea my concern was
> anything with a textbox in it any forms, they seam to get distorted in
> Netscape like all my blocks look nice and symmetrical in IE but outa wack in
> Netscape.

the only solution i've found w/ that is to set the sizes of the text
boxes (and any other form item) via CSS for IE and use the size or width
attributes on the elements themselves for NS...  that way, NS ignores
the CSS stuff and follows what's in the HTML...  IE sees that there are
CSS properties and those override the html sizes (iirc, it works the
same way in Moz and Konq)...

gLaNDix