Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 1998 13:51:42 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DOSCMD: Problems w/ Quicken

> I still use Quicken 5.0 for DOS, and boot into DOS every 3-4 weeks to use it.
>
> So I decided to try it on DOSCMD -- would be great if I could run it in
> FreeBSD.

I can identify with that.  8)

> The main menu comes up, but when I hit the down arrow key in the "inverted
> T (middle) keypad, I get:
>
>      ax=0000 bx=ffff cx=ff07 dx=0000
>      si=001c di=001a sp=fe64 bp=fe78
>      cs=30bb ss=3db8 ds=0040 es=9e99
>      ip=357 eflags=34246
>      8b 07 3c e0 75 02 32 c0 3b 1c fb 1f 5e 5f 5b ca
>      movw   (%bx),%ax
>      unsupported instruction

Yecch.  If it's actually trying to do what the above claims, it's
making quite a mess.  (0040:0000 is in seriously low memory, but
0040:ffff doesn't make any sense at all).

> If instead I hit the down arrow in the numeric (right) keypad, the menu
> behaves as though several selection keys were pressed, neither of which had
> anything to do with down-arrow.  The same type of thing happens if I hit
> "P" for preferences.

This looks like a difference of opinion about what the keypad keycodes
should be.  If you want to start attacking something, the crash above
would be more worthwhile.

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\