Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:04:06 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alex Deiter <tiamat@komi.mts.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: heimdal-0.6

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:37:29AM +0300, Alex Deiter wrote:
> i have a problem with heimdal port on FreeBSD 5.2 beta when i put the
> heimdal ftpd in my inetd.conf:
>
> ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/ftpd ftpd
>
> $ klist
> Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_6V7hEc
>         Principal: test@KOMI.MTS.RU
>
>   Issued           Expires          Principal
> Nov 29 10:24:17  Nov 29 20:24:17  krbtgt/KOMI.MTS.RU@KOMI.MTS.RU
> Nov 29 10:24:36  Nov 29 20:24:17  host/server.komi.mts.ru@KOMI.MTS.RU
> Nov 29 10:26:47  Nov 29 20:24:17  ftp/server.komi.mts.ru@KOMI.MTS.RU
>
> $ /usr/local/bin/ftp server
> Connected to server.komi.mts.ru.
> 220 server.komi.mts.ru FTP server (Version 6.00+Heimdal 0.6) ready.
> Trying GSSAPI...
> Authenticated to <ftp/server.komi.mts.ru@KOMI.MTS.RU>
> Authentication successful.
>
> Name (server:test): test
> S:530 User test access denied.
> ftp: Login failed.
> Remote system type is UNIX.
> Using binary mode to transfer files.
>
> But telnet work fine:
> telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/telnetd
> telnetd
>
> $ /usr/local/bin/telnet server
> Trying 1.1.1.1...
> Connected to server.komi.mts.ru.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Waiting for encryption to be negotiated...
> [ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 (host/server.komi.mts.ru@KOMI.MTS.RU)... ]
> [ Kerberos V5 accepts you as ``test@KOMI.MTS.RU'' ]
> Encryption negotiated.
>
> Also, test suite for service ftp work fine:
>
> ./gssapi_server -p 777 -s ftp
> User is `test@KOMI.MTS.RU'
> gss_verify_mic: hej
> gss_unwrap: hemligt
>
> Thanks!

I am sorry for my ridiculously late reply.  I'm afraid your message
was buried deep in my INBOX.  After a bit of debugging, I found that
this problem was caused by a double-free.  I have corrected it in the
port.  Please try heimdal-0.6_1 from the ports tree.

After fixing it in the port, I checked the Heimdal repository.  The
regression appeared in Heimdal 0.6, and was fixed in CVS in June :-)
I guess I should have looked there first!

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   NTT/Verio SME      FreeBSD UNIX       Heimdal
nectar@celabo.org jvidrine@verio.net nectar@freebsd.org nectar@kth.se