Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 2003 11:19:09 +0100
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gs not found, scripts failing

I'm having problems with scripts involvivng Ghostscript on FreeBSD
(4.6-4.7).
Specifically, I am implementing a Hylafax solution and most of it works
but there a two areas that fail:
1. Running the SambaFax (http://www.purpel3.com/sambafax/) utility that
extracts a fax number from a postscript file

2. Using the "faxrcvd" script that comes with Hylafax converting
incoming faxes to pdf's.

In both cases the scripts seems to fail when tiff2ps, ps2pdf etc. are
being executed.

Running the scripts manually from the shell works.

The only trace I hae so far from the logs is when (1.) is executed,
cupsd reports "gs: not found".

How do I go about debugging this? I am in no way a programmer although I
understand parts of what the scripts are doing.

Grateful for any advice,
Per olof