Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 1995 19:18:47 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jason@purcell.jlc.net (Jason T. Nelson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: STILL faulting..

Jason T. Nelson stands accused of saying:

> I got the recent 2.1.0 snapshot as Justin requested, but I'm still having
> some problems (though not as much!). /usr/libexec/cc1 died once of signal
> 11, then after I continued the kernel compile, the kernel paniced for the
> same reason as before: "page fault while in kernel mode". Perhaps there
> are still problems with the 294x support?

No.  You _undoubtedly_ have a hardware problem, most likely faulty RAM
or cache, possibly motherboard or PCI configuration.

> Jason T. Nelson <jason@jlc.net>

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[