Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:33:00 +0100
From:      Paul Martin <paul.martin@sportinglife.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   IR on a Dell Inspiron 4000

Hi,

Trying to get birda to play with my Dell Inspiron 4000 running 4.5-RELEASE to
talk to either my Palm III or Nokia 7110. dmesg yields the following, which I
assume is the ir port being configured:

sio2: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0x10
sio2 at port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 3 on isa0
sio2: type 16550A

However, I don't seem to be able to get anywhere with ir communication - I'm
even even strictly sure how I can see whether the ir chipset supported (not
that I know which chipset it is anyway) or is working or debug it in any way.

Any help anyone can give me would be most appreciated:)

Cheers,

Paul.