Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:05:00 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LPD problems in 4.4-STABLE

In message <p05101000b7d1d330a409@[128.113.24.47]> Garance A Drosihn writes:
: >Having said that, all UNIX systems I've worked on, except for AIX, do
: >not completely adhere to the RFC, hence printing from non-conforming
: >systems would definitely break.
:
: Based on what I have seen over the years, I doubt that there is ANY
: implementation which strictly and completely follows the RFC...  :-)

Based on working with Leo in the late 1980s when the LPR spec came
out, it documented things not as they were, but as Leo wanted them to
be...  It is no wonder that there are no unix compliant LPR/LPD
programs because a DOS TCP/IP dude wrote it...

Warner