Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2002 12:01:23 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Stanley Hopcroft <Stanley.Hopcroft@IPAustralia.Gov.AU>
Cc:        Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I define a sendmail mailer in FreeBSD 4.6 (adding m4 to sendmail/cf/mailer doesn't do it) ?

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 05:17:30PM +1000, Stanley Hopcroft wrote:

> Please would you let me know which FM to read or how to define a
> sendmail mailer with FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE-p1 ?

> I have tried adding sms.m4 (to define an SMS mailer) to
> /usr/share/sendmail/cf/mailer and adding a mailer(sms) to
> /etc/mail/freebsd.mc.

As far as I can tell, you're doing everything right.  At least, it
worked for me when I tried to reproduce what you did.

If you generate your sms.m4 file as before and save it into
/usr/share/sendmail/cf/mailer/ --- I take that you do have the

    PUSHDIVERT(-1)

line at the top of the file but were perhaps a bit too enthusiastic
editing down your message.

So, now if you add:

    MAILER(sms)dnl

as the last line of /etc/mail/freebsd.mc and then run:

    cd /etc/mail
    make freebsd.cf

then:

    tail -20 freebsd.cf

should show your mailer definition.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK