Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 21:28:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD K-7 MB recommendations?

Mike Smith wrote in list.freebsd-hardware:
 > You're misinformed; Asus will be shipping a K7 board shortly.

Yep, "shortly", that's what they said for a few weeks.  I don't
think it will be really available any time soon.

The GBT, MSI and FIC boards are available _now_, as well as the
actual CPUs.

 > > I am thinking of upgrading my MB/CPU combo soon, I am going to grab the
 > > 500 Mhz athlon since it's the cheapest. My problems is I don't know which
 > > MB. There are only 3 to choose from, and I am really mad asus and tyan are
 > > not on the athlon bandwagon. FIC, GB, and MSI are the choices, and I have
 > > no experience with any of them. Gigabyte I have heard of but the other two
 > > sound very generic.
 > >
 > > Feedback on the 3 vendors would be appreciated, so I could choose who
 > > makes the most solid MB that works best with FBSD.

There's test and comparison of those three boards at Tom's:
http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/99q3/990818/index.html

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)