Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:30:42 -0500
From:      "Ken Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
To:        "Eric Anholt" <eta@lclark.edu>
Cc:        "Igor Pokrovsky" <igor.pokrovsky@cnrm.meteo.fr>, "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>, "Daniel Eischen" <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is XFree86 4.3.0 going to be in 4.8? -nt-

The achievement in integrating Xfree86 v4.3.x in the release of FBSD v4.8
will be admirable. I've been looking at it as of this week as well as KDE
v3.1 and Gnome v2.2 on various platforms. There are some issues, but its in
the integrating between the desktop environments (KDE vs Xfree86) and not
FreeBSD specific.

I'm reviewing the quality of the builds/ports of KDE 3.1 and Gnome 2.2
integration with Xfree86 v 4.3.x. I'll be glad to look into this on FreeBSD
for QA testing.
~Ken