Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 08:38:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        <doug@safeport.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updateing Ports

doug@safeport.com types:
> I just updated the ports collection with the following:
>
> *default host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_1_1_RELEASE
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>
> 1) The end result of this is /usr/ports/INDEX was deleted?
> 2) What did I do wrong? How can I get INDEX back

About the only thing you did wrong was updating to a -RELEASE tag. The
ports collection you got was the same one on the ISO image that has
4.1.1 on it.

In answer to your question, the INDEX file isn't part of the ports
collection, it's generated from it. Try "make index" at the top of the
tree.

	<mike