Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:17:52 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?m=20p?= <sumirati@yahoo.de>
To:        wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl, murray@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   building the alpha ports (was Re: cvsup in 4.5-RC2)

Wilko Bulte wrote:

> > Don't worry about that.  The ports freeze is scheduled for 26 January,
> > and our fantastic ports team will build all packages for the release
> > at that time.
>
> Make that "x86 packages". It looks like there will be no packages
> at all for Alpha given that the Alpha ports cluster is somewhat
> mysteriously AWOL it seems.

Hi,

I renew my offer to spend for the building process a AlphaStation with 333 MHz
and a 4 GB disk (perhaps I am able to get some more .. but that is not for sure
at the moment) and 256 MB RAM (that is all i can recall from memory about the
machine).

The box will be at 34 MBit/s link throttled to 10 MBit/s by the intenal network
card.

If you need that machine let me know please. I can set it up at Tuesday, 28th
January but not before.

Hope to help a little bit

Marc