Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2018 20:43:28 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Console is broken after updating to 11.2-RELEASE

From: tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 11:44:29 +0100

> I've seen this effect elsewhere. Not exactly the same, but it's been
> happening with me on some systems since 11.1. The context I see it is
> when spinning up a bhyve instance in screen. I see a bit more than
> just booting, something like "unreferenced ps/2 interrupt" after
> "Booting...".
>
> The bhyve instance itself is fully functional. Logging into the bhyve
> instance through ssh I can see its dmesg and it all looks OK. However,
> if in syslogd.conf I enable console logging via console.log and
> reboot, *nothing gets written to it*.

Thank you for information. I created /etc/syslog.d/console.log.conf as
below and rebooted system.

yasu@maybe[2012]% cat /etc/syslog.d/console.log.conf                                                                       ~
# Log all writes to /dev/console to a separate file.
!*
console.*                                       /var/log/console.log
!*
yasu@maybe[2013]%

Then boot messages are written in /var/log/console.log

yasu@maybe[2016]% LANG=C ls -l /var/log/console.log                                                                        ~
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  9568 Jun 22 20:29 /var/log/console.log
yasu@maybe[2016]%

So my case seems to be different from yours.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA