Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:30:36 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: procmail setup question

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 02:12:42AM -0400, David Banning wrote:
> > > He can't do anything with his mail until I sort it out from my mail,
> > > and then send it so him.
> >
> > For dave, do the same but just reversed. So let him save the mail
> > for david@ into /usr/david/bsd and forward mail for bob@ to bob.
> > I thought the example was clear enough for this situation :-/
>
> Forgive me if I am not explaining this well.
> My mail server company only has given me one mailbox.
> That single mailbox collects -all- mail sent to skytrackercanada.com
> like bob@skytrackercanada.com to anything@skytrackercanada.com

Let one user pop all the mail and feed it into your MTA (sendmail,
postfix et al) destined to that user. The procmail of that user
should forward it (i.e. feed it back to the MTA) to the right user.

So what I would do is...
- Create a new user (called popper :-)
- Let popper fetch the mail
- Let his procmail-config sort the mail and feed it back into the
  MTA towards the right user.
- Let the receivers of the mail sort out how it should be stored in their
  local boxes.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org