Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:30:06 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        ambrisko@whistle.com (Doug Ambrisko)
Cc:        imp@village.org, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Update to pccard ata changes (removal support)

It seems Doug Ambrisko wrote:
> I agree but it atleast it has code for the controller to come and
> go and that part worked.  A few people have asked for this feature so
> I thought I'd try it and get comments/help.  So with this you don't
> have to reboot after swapping cards around.  The major change was the
> newbus resources & id's need to be saved so it could be unregistered
> from newbus on detach.
>
> Also another problem is probably the incrementing lun's for the the
> controller.  It should scan for the first available one in the
> ata_devices array after (0 or 1 since they seems to be special).

Well, I'll take a stap at it as soon as I get the time...

> | However find below my version of your previous patch set, please let
> | me know how it works (I have no way of testing it here)...
> | There are a few other cosmetic changes in there, this is part of
> | the next update, and not all was easily pulled out...
>
> I tested with my external CD-Rom & hard disk (with and with an internal
> IDE drive attached) and it worked fine.  To save you time I could add the
> controller removal part to your patches so you have working code for that
> part?

I already have the framework in there, so no need.

> Thanks for looking at it,

You're welcome, as soon as I get the other items that I have pending
tests on done, I'll commit this too. The detach stuff will have to
wait until I get time to implement it proberly in the subdrivers, if
all goes well I might have a version for you over the weekend...

-Søren