Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2010 23:48:30 -0400
From:      Jules Gilbert <jules.stocks@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   I know, this has got to be the worst possible question...

I'm trying to put up FreeBSD 8.1 and I want to know *exactly* what
procedure to go through, what software should I pre-fetch, etc...
Basically, I've put up FBSD several times and never ended up with a
working browser with java.

I understand that Oracle isn't helping, hey, sometimes I wonder if Sun
made the right choice opening up Java.  I don't pretend to know the
answer to that...

I've heard that the FBSD planners have decided to make security
important.  Good.  Do that and the number of installs will increase.

But for now I just need to know:

a)  which browser?  I don't need mail, just a browser with java.

b)  what's the procedure?

Is it realistic to expect that these issues are going to be resolved,
that things will get easier?