Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 2015 08:32:35 +0300
From:      Jukka Ukkonen <jau789@gmail.com>
To:        Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: machine/acle-compat.h missing

Quite recently the 11.x builds using clang 3.4.1 started giving me trouble.
If I remember correctly, the older clang had problems with the more
recent clang source. So, after browsing the UPDATING file a little I found
a note there explaining how the clang source in 11.x now needs at least
clang 3.5 to compile. That is how I ended up overriding CC and CXX.
Then started the problems with acle-compat.h.=20
I guess the dilemma is twofold. Is this file really used at all? If so, why
does it not appear where it is expected to be found? If not really used,
is it included in error when I override the compiler?

I guess the problem might not happen when compiling on the rpi2 itself
or on another 11.x system. In fact I am going to update the source on
the rpi2 and launch a test build locally on the target later today.
The local builds on rpi2 just take some 11 hours or so. Obviously I run
those very rarely.

--jau

Sent from my iPad