Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 98 13:21:13 -0700
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        "Lutz Albers" <lutz@muc.de>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mac File system and FreeBSD

*From the fingers of Lutz Albers

>>>I'm wouldn't going that route. Maybe you should try using vmount (a
>>>utility which uses the Linux fs code via an nfs loopback mount). Use
>>>vfat (urgh .. :-( partition for the data.
>
>I don't think that you can mount MacFS partitions, there is just a
>program giving access.

Urk, I think you're right.  For some reason I though FreeBSD could mount
HFS but now that you mention it I can't find where I saw that.

So, you mentioned something that sounded painful ;)  How would you
suggest I make it so that my NT system and my FreeBSD system can share a
space with long file names? (People have to have run in to this at some
point or another?)

Thanks!

-Sean

Sean J. Schluntz                                    schluntz@pinpt.com
Systems Engineer                                   (408) 997-6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                     http://www.pinpt.com