Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 23:33:07 -0600
From:      "Mario Doria" <madd@tecdigital.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Strange problem while compiling a new kernel

Hello

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, sure as hell this is not
what I expected.
After CVsuping RELENG_4 (as of today), I did make world successfully, then
make kernel. It finished successfully, but it did not install the modules in
/modules, but in /. After mv'ing them back to /modules, I found that it did
create modules.old and there were my old modules. Also /modules did exist
and after doing md5 checksums on some modules, it seems the files are
identical.

Does anybody know why did this thing happen? It is the first time I've seen
or heard anything like this, so I guess this is some problem at my end.
Thing is, what is the problem???

ps. In /etc/make.conf, I have
KERNCONF=DIGITAL (my kernel name)

Mario Doria