Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:33:32 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>, Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>, FreeBSD Documentation Project <doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Two spaces OK

On Fri 1999-10-08 (00:33), Nik Clayton wrote:
> It's not quite as simple as a sed script though -- you need to watch for
> <programlisting>, <literallayout>, <screen>, and so on, and make sure that
> they stay untouched.  You could always use a sed script, then examine the
> 'cvs diff' output, and go and put back anything that shouldn't have been
> touched.  Myself, I tend to just use search/replace in Emacs, and bounce
> on the "repeat-complex-command" key.

On a separate note - I can't see any representitive difference
between:

<programlisting>#include "foo"
blah
</programlisting>

and

<programlisting>
#include "foo"
blah
</programlisting>

And the second is much more readable... (same with <screen>)

Am I missing something important, though?  I remember the previous
short war no this issue, in which the first won, but I don't remember
the exact reason why it did.

I've started codifying my previous suggestions for the primer, and
I'd like some feedback on this issue either way.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za