Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:20:31 -0500
From:      stan <stanb@awod.com>
To:        Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
Subject:   Re: Kernel Panic on 4.5 STABLE

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 01:31:33PM +0100, Danny Pansters wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 February 2002 12:48, you wrote:
>
> Hmm this is interesting. My last installworld has been on Feb 2nd and
> the next day I noticed that the network interfaces on my box (the
> firewall/gateway) were in promescuous mode. Now after upgrading
> world, I always run portupgrade to get the installed ports upgraded
> as well. It turned out that there was an /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ntop.sh
> installed which caused this. I shrugged and renamed it to
> ntop.sh.disabled.

That's strange the FreeBSD comitters are usually pretty conservative
about what gets started in /usr/local/etc/rc.d without someone edtig a file.

BTW, after work, I tested, and indeed the culprit is the trafshow module.
If I don't load it. then everyhting is OK. If I load it, and run
ipfw -a l, then K-Pow, it's kernel panic time!

Hopefully someone will address this, at sometime.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin