Date:      Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:29:18 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Mouse not working

In message <200503201340.07373.mistry.7@osu.edu>, Anish Mistry writes:
>sc->flags |= UMS_T; /* <---  Add this to force MS Intellimouse Mode */
>If that make is work we'll have to figure out a way to auto detect
>this since it uses the same byte order, but doesn't have the tilt
>wheel to facilitate detection.

BTW, before adding more workarounds here it would be worth reading:

	http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/HID1_11.pdf

I don't know if this is true, but I suspect the main problem is
that we are simply ignoring the information in the report descriptor
that says how to interpret the data coming from the mouse. Can
somebody check if this is the case, or if these mice really need
special case workarounds?

Ian