Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2007 01:11:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Eldredge <neldredge@math.ucsd.edu>
To:        bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, neldredge@ucsd.edu, portmgr@FreeBSD.org, pav@FreeBSD.org, netchild@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/115432: Ports missing library dependencies

Hi,

[For those I've just cc'ed: the PR describes a problem where some ports
lack dependencies on shared libraries that they use.  This didn't used to
occur.  My test case is gqview, which doesn't have a dependency on png,
although it links to it.]

A little more feedback on this.  I tried some old versions of things, and
it appears that this bug was introduced with revision 1.570 of
ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk, committed by pav on June 28 and submitted by
netchild.  They are cc'ed :)  1.569 works, and gqview properly depends on
png.

The problem can be tested a little more efficiently by running
"make actual-package-depends" in ports/graphics/gqview.  With 1.569 png is
included in the list, and in 1.570 it is not.

The make syntax is confusing and it's hard for me to tell what that patch
actually does, so I can't see where it might be wrong, but maybe someone
else can.

Thanks all!

--

Nate Eldredge