Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 1995 12:23:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za (John Hay)
Cc:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sig 11 and -current problems.

John Hay writes:

> Yes I did a make clean and then a make all and then a make install in the
> lkm directory. It did not help.
> >

> > Have you explicitly rebuilt and installed your LKMs?
> >
> > >Well I haven't got rid of al the sig 11s yet. :( The only way at the moment
> > >for me is to run with a kernel that I compiled on 3 Sept.

I don't see any way that the sequence of build kernel or make world
then build kernel should affect this unless you are using LKMs.

I am running libraries and apps supped yesterday AM.  They were
built with a kernel from August 21.  They run just fine.  Any kernel
built after John's vm changes causes random cores.  I don't use LKMs.

irbs 12% ls -al /lkm
total 2
drwxr-xr-x   2 bin   bin    1024 Jul 14 11:22 .
drwxr-xr-x  19 root  wheel   512 Sep  7 21:28 ..

Last mail I saw from John was that he was able to reproduce the
problem but I have not seen anything since.

This system has run -current since its inception and 0.1 and the
patchkit before that.  And it runs fine on an August 21 kernel.

John, can you shed some light on this?  What can we do to help find
this gremlin?

John Capo
IRBS Engineering