Date:      Thu, 07 May 2015 15:38:36 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current list <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: What to do about RCS/OpenRCS

Hello;

On 05/07/15 14:56, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 7 May 2015, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately I don't use RCS enough (it looks like I should though) so
>> I am not in a good position to take the next step and deal with any
>> fallout it may produce.
>
> If we can have a build-knob to disable GNU RCS and enable the new one
> I will happily twist up the new version and hammer on it.

Yes, that's usually the next step in the process. It is a little bit
messy because
there is a WITHOUT_RCS option and openrcs doesn't have rcsfreeze (and
perhaps something else that we don't use).

I really want to check out first if there is some strong opinion against
OpenRCS. Perhaps someone that has used it before and thinks it is a
bad idea.

It looks like there are voices against it, so those have to be addressed
first.

Pedro.