Date:      Thu,  1 Feb 1996 18:28:36 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        current@freebsd.org, S0ren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Multiscreen, Bell & Talk

Imagine you work at multiscreen console and someone tries to talk you.
And talk requests comes to another (not current) screen, so you may
even never notice them. Another variant: ncftp2 produce bell
when (long) file transfer is done, since you never hear it from
another screen, you forced to check it often.

I have syscons patch wich delivers all bells to current screen
independently of screen they originally comes. It really helps
in situation like this. I saw several multiscreen
implementations which do the same thing, f.e. 'screen' program
notice you when bell comes to another screen.

If no objection comes, I plan to commit the patch.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -