Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:45:52 +0400
From:      "Paul" <popov_post@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MPD automation trouble

Hello, All.

I use MPD under FreeBSD 4.7.
Now i needed to automate management of the MPD and i find out strange =
behavior of MPD (3.13):
One my program (myserver) transmits some set of commands for MPD via =
stdout, which is redirected
to MPD's stdin by shell:
command line: "# myserver | mpd"
One or two commands from this set are executed by mpd immediately, but =
other commands from
set hang somewhere until myserver sends to MPD another command's set, =
after that previouse
commands are successfully executed by MPD and new commands hang =
somewhere again.
When i use command like "# myserver | cat", full set of commands is =
printed to console.
I want to understand why this happens and where commands hang.
Help me to solve the this problem, please.

Paul