Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 2015 07:52:54 +0200
From:      Matthias Petermann <matthias@d2ux.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=C3=ADa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD A series support

Hello Fernando,

some months ago I had a Lenovo E145 which was backed by a E1-2500.
While I cannot tell you much about your original question, you might
want to take a special attention at the wireless chipset of this AMD
platform devices. It seems most of them are using Broadcom devices which
are poorly supported. Mine was using a Broadcom Chipset which required
the Broadcom STA driver which was available for (Debian) Linux, but
completely unsupported on FreeBSD. After failing with wrapping the
Windows Driver with NDISWrapper ultimately I tried to use a USB
Wireless Dongle (Realtek). While this was working, I was unsatisfied
with the throughput, so I decided to sell the Laptop and bought a used
X220 where everything works out of the Box.

Best regards,
Matthias