Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 1995 22:27:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot floppy, missing "install bootmanager"-only submenu

Hi Jordan !

We spoke about that some weeks ago. You said weeks ago on IRC,
that you'd implemented me idea, to offer a "write bootmanager"-
only menue point on the boot floppy just for the case, that
Windows95 or Windows NT nuked your main boot sector during
installation.

Now I got the new 2.1 installation floppy via ftp and I saw nothing at
all on the top menues.

The only thing I saw was the menue about installing or not installing
the boot manager after leaving the partitioning menu ...
But it doesn't seem to write it immediately ...

What I wanted was a simple menue, to "refresh/reinstall" the
bootmanager. It should be accessable in the toplevelmenue ...

What about it ?! You said, it would be there on the 2.1 floppy,
I didn't find it ?!  Am I getting old ? ;-)

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@knobel.gun.de       /\/\___  Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm        ___/\/\/       - Support Unix - aklemm@wup.de -