Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:01:26 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Indecisiveness and Domain registrations

It looks like a frenzy in the -advocacy list.  It appears that many
people want to take on a leadership type role - but not everyone can do
that.

Please, let's decide on a leader for the various projects, and let them
organize and make sure decisions get made that best benefit FreeBSD as a
project.

I've registered bsdevents.org/com, and many of those who said "yea,
register it!" are now saying "pfft, why reinvent the wheel, just use
what we already have".  Now, I enjoy the enthusiasm, but come on
everyone, lets not rush into anything just because we are excited.

For those who have volunteered to complete things on the To Do list,
let's decide on due dates.  If you don't complete it by that date, then
we need to know why, and if you need more help to complete the task.

It doesn't matter where the information is hosted.  No one cares. I
personally think it should be a .org, and also feel there should be NO
ADVERTISING whatsoever on the site - at all.  No "hosted by.." or anything.

Who is willing to take a leadership role in this, and guide the rest to
goals?  Let me remind those who would like to, that this could be a
somewhat time consuming task.

Eric