Date:      08 Aug 1999 05:43:45 -0500
From:      Don Croyle <croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us>
To:        "William Shaffer" <wmshaffer@hawaii.rr.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PERL? {LOST IN CYBERSPACE}

"William Shaffer" <wmshaffer@hawaii.rr.com> writes:

> 	Where is PERL? Geez I've followed the links and wound up where I started.
> PERL and Apache are so vital to a Unix platform that one would think that
> PERL would be very simple to find.

On any FreeBSD system from 3.0 on (unless you've gone out of your way
to remove and not rebuild it).

em:/home/croyle> which perl
/usr/bin/perl
em:/home/croyle> perl -v

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd

> 	With out PERL Apache has no real value and without Apache who would needs
> FreeBSD!?

X and Emacs and INN and tcsh (you don't really appreciate Unix shells
until you have to start using the MS-DOS command line regularly) and...
--
I've always wanted to be a dilettante, but I've never quite been ready
to make the commitment.