Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:59:32 +0200
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry" in nvidia module on 10

20.12.2013 19:34, Adam McDougall wrote:

> Anyone else seen this?  Anyone have any tips to try, or think of tests scenarios
> I should explore that might help track it down?  A way to see symbols from the
> nvidia driver in a backtrace?  I can think of some ideas to try such as dumping
> rotation and I was planning on brainstorming a more concrete example with more
> info, but I'm running low on time to spend on it this year and 10.0 is at the
> door.  I'm not so much concerned about this issue for my own sake, but for the
> greater good, assuming someone else will fall into it.  I'll plug away at it
> as I have time but good suggestions might help my efficiency.  Thanks.

I'm seeing this too. Rarely.

Also sometimes when wm is creating/destroying modal windows with some
effects Xorg hangs and program that was creating windows hangs in uwait.
If Xorg or program is killed I can restart X and continue working. All
other programs are intact.

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.