Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 1995 08:29:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ron Porter <porter@fozzie.chem.wisc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   marking out bad sectors with bad144

Hello,
  I seem to have a problem with bad sectors on my hard disk. I
first found this out when i tried to recompile a new kernal. I
got some errors that someone pointed out to me were hardware
disk problems. Well i ran bad144 -s and sure enough there are bad
sectors. The problem is that i  can't seem to mark these sectrors
out so their not used. The man page gives the options but i'm
not clear exactly how to state what to mark out.
For example i tried "bad144 -a wd0 623623" and if i type this
over it says that i can't duplicate ann entry, so it knows i
entered it, but if i try to compile a new kernal it still says
that there are errors.
Anyone have any sugestions?
Thanks, Ron Porter
--