Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2003 11:25:30 +0800 (CST)
From:      Jaw-Shiang Joshua Huang <joshuah@synology.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>, FreeBSD-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: current status

Hello,

I am not the one in FreeBSD community to do arm porting.
I am just interesting in it and have done some survey on FreeBSD.
It should be a little useful to share with anyone who is interested in this topic.

About cross-compiler:
You can check /usr/ports/devel/arm* packages.  I am using arm-elf-gcc295 and arm-elf-binutils.  I don't know what is the difference between elf and rtems packages.

About FreeBSD arm developement:
You can check with the url: http://pages.infinit.net/sepotvin/
There is some patch about an incomplete arm porting(in my opinion, I am not sure yet).  But I think its target is SA1100.  I guess that the patch is for FreeBSD 5.x only.  I have try to compile it.  After adding some unreference symbols, it can link to an image.

About FreeBSD arm porting progress:
You can reference the url: http://www.javagear.com/freebsd/index.html
There is a lot of information about the todo list for arm porting.

About ARM assembly programming information:
There is a great on-line document at url:
http://www.peter-cockerell.net:8080/aalp/html/frames.html
There is also a similar japanese version at url:
http://www.nk.rim.or.jp/~jun/slasm/arm00.html
Though I am not japanese and don'e know japanese, I still think it is very valuable.  Especially this is for Zaurus, it should be more useful for you.

Wish things above are useful.

Joshua at Taiwan.