Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 1999 02:07:45 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, dwilde1@thuntek.net
Subject:   Re: Advocacy Projects reminder

On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 02:54:28PM -0800, Bill Swingle wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 03:48:37PM -0700, Donald Wilde wrote:
> >
> > Just a reminder, check the ongoing Advocacy Projects List on my site at:
> >
> > 	http://www.thuntek.net/~dwilde1/advotasks.html
> >
> > I update it daily, and there are lots of simple-but-important things to
> > be done on it. For example, we need to compile a list of big
> > corporations besides Yahoo and USWest that use FreeBSD for business
> > purposes. This is important, will somebody take it on?
>
> I can definatly take this on. Can you provide starting place for me? Od
> we just need a new section of the gallery called "Big Boys" or
> something?

Bill,

A resource you may want to use is the Prominent Users subcategory of the
FreeBSD category at dmoz.org, the Open Directory Project.  Take a look.

<http://dmoz.org/Computers/Operating_Systems/Unix/FreeBSD/Prominent_Users/>;

If you want the ODP to do the cataloguing for you, either use the Add
URL button at the top of the page to suggest links to the editors (me),
or sign up as a category editor for that category.  The ODP accepts
multiple editors per category, and anyone may become an editor.  It
would be really nice to have more prominent users on that page.  Thanks!

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                   Heisenberg might have been here.
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com