From:      "Mark B. Withers" <mwithers@one.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bellsouth dsl?

I would just like to chime in here. I'm using a DSL modem myself with
FreeBSD, but it's not a USB modem. However there are adapters for
those types of things. :)

Or you could just plug the DSL modem into a hub and use the hub. I
connect to my ISP through a text-based web page using Lynx to log in.
Pretty primative, however there are Perl utilities to make the
connection for you. I just use dhcp client on the ethernet interface
and everything else happens without any problems.

Mark