Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2007 06:07:56 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
Subject:   Re: calcru: runtime went backwards, RELENG_6, SMP

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 17:17:28 Ivan Voras wrote:
> Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> > Dear colleagues,
> >
> > on a newly built Supermicro with Pentium D 2.8 (Dual core) with SMP
> > kernel I got zillions of 'runtime went backwards' errors, both on i386
> > and amd64 kernels.
> >
> > Upd: on GENERIC/amd64 kernel I got the same errors.
>
> Do you perhaps run with TSC timecounter? (that's the only cause I've
> notice that can generate this message).

I got recently some squid panics where the machines freezed accusing calcru=
=20
went backwards too. This happened on amd64 with sources from first week of=
=20
may. I got it on 20-30 days uptime untouched smp dual-core amds and two=20
opteron server. On all of them acpi-fast seems to be the counter. Anyway I=
=20
did a cvsup and haven't seen the problem again so far. I did't get any=20
message before, the first caused a panic and funny all panics happened almo=
st=20
the same hour last friday.

=2D-=20

Jo=C3=A3o