Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:38:43 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   FAQ entry on calcru could use updated

This FAQ entry is woefully out of date:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/troubleshoot.html#CALCRU-NEGATIVE

The sysctl referenced doesn't even exist in newer versions of FreeBSD.

I was going to write up a patch, when I found out that this entry:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/troubleshoot.html#LAPTOP-CLOCK-SKEW
actually contains the fix that I've used whenever I get the calcru
problem on 5.x.

I would suggest eliminating the answer in the calcru entry and merging
the two entries, as the solution is the same on 5.x

However, I've never seen the problem on 4.x, so I don't know if the
technique of setting kern.timecounter.method=1 workes or not.

Comments?  Suggestions?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies