Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 21:15:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeff Kletsky <jeff+freebsd@wagsky.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org

With cvsup of 2002-01-02 and a full 'build world' 'build kernel'
'mergemaster' 'MAKEDEV' cycle, booting PRERELEASE-4.5 and setting
boot_userconfig with the GENERIC kernel.  When I enable pcic0 and apm,
then try to save and exit (to complete the boot process), I get:
(note that there are some characters left from the config screen)

Fatal Trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address---= 0x28---------------
fault codeEdit device pa=supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointerelds = 0x8:0xc0336e14Save and Exit       [?] Help
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc04b3efc
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc04b3f34
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = idle
interrupt mask          = net tty bio cam
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 0s

Has anyone else seen this?  The hardware has been running reliably,
without any issues up until this point (PIII600E, Intel 440BX MB).

Jeff