Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 1995 10:12:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
To:        mmead@goof.com (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sound stuff again (GUS MAX)

>     Is there anyone out there with a GUS MAX who currently has a sound setup
> that allows them to control the output level of volume, synth volume, pcm
> volume, cdrom input volume, mic volume, and line volume?  If so, could you tell
> me how to get that stuff working?  Thanks!
>

> -matt
>
> --
> Matthew C. Mead  -> Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research -
>                  -> Multiple Platform System and Network Administration
> Work Related     -> mmead@ctr.vt.edu    |     mmead@goof.com <-     All Other
> ---- -------            WWW -> http://www.goof.com/~mmead           --- -----

xvmixer from snd-util-2.5.tar.gz (available from sunsite) works for me.
It does require the xview libraries, though.  There is a curses based
mixer there, too but I never bothered to get it to work.  I only tried
synth and pcm volume and they work but the others are available.

Boyd

 Boyd Faulkner                                  faulkner@isd.tandem.com