Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2006 01:00:46 GMT
From:      Rudolf Cejka <cejkar@dual.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
To:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: www/99762: RSS file is not exists http://www.freebsd.org/ru/security/advisories.rdf - document not found

The following reply was made to PR www/99762; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rudolf Cejka <cejkar@dual.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc: Daniel Gerzo <danger@freebsd.org>, bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 01:54:56 +0100

 On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 04:35:23PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
 >  FYI, if you fire up Firefox and point it to:
 >      http://www.freebsd.org/ru/
 >  you will get these <link> elements in `index.html':
 >      <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml"
 >          title="  FreeBSD" href="./news/news.rdf" />
 >      <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml"
 >          title="FreeBSD Security Advisories" href="./security/advisories.rdf" />
 >      <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml"
 >          title="  FreeBSD GNOME" href="./gnome/news.rdf" />
 >  These can be added as "Live bookmarks" of RSS feeds to Firefox
 >  bookmarks, but they don't really work at all.

 Hello, the problem seems to be worse - all localized rdf files
 are broken now. There are either old copies, or they are missing
 at all. Just english rdf files are good. If you look into Makefiles
 in localized directories, there are missing rules for their
 creation (looked just at news/news.rdf). When I tried to copy rule
 from en to localized directory, just english rdf has been generated,
 so I think that rdf part has been unfinished during big xml changes.

 --
 Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
 Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology