Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:30:13 +0300
From:      Ovi <ovi@unixservers.us>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mpd-4.2 released.

Dear Alexander

Thank yoo for your email, it is very interesting.
I am not very familiar with BGP (but I will learn), my question is: did
you use multiple pppoe servers with different subnet for every pppoe server,
or you have high availability with every serverer giving IPs from the
same pool of addresses. I am using Radius, and I would like to have
configured the
pppoe servers the same way, so if I would need more power, I would add
another server, that would offer pppoe connections from the same pool,
using the same
radius server as everyone. I think if bgp sessions are estabilished
between router and pppoe servers, every pppoe server would have his own
subnet of addresses
to give to users, which is not good, it will be interesting every pppoe
server to accept all users. So not have pppoeserve1 for 100 customers,
pppoeserv2 for another 100 customers and so on.

The second issue I've encountered , on my setup I've connected router to
two pppoe servers, and on pppoe servers decond network card of both
pppoe servers
was connected to our LAN. Because all users from lan already have setup
pppoe on their workstations, I wanted to transparently for them make
this system work.
So, I setup both pppoe servers with the same name (same hostname), and
also the service name is *.  Still the load is not balanced, most of the
users connect to one server, and only few of them to the other. It is a
posibility that the fastest pppoe server who answer to establish the
connection with user?

I've searched a lot for those issues, I did not found much information
on the Internet, maybe you know some resources for me to study.

Thank you
Best regards,
Ovidiu