Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:30:37 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   4.5 PRERELEASE - Call for testing

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

  I'm sorry that I couldn't send this announcement out yesterday.  I
had hoped to provide a list of changes that have happened in the
system recently to encourage the readers of -stable and -qa to help
with some of the quality assurance for the upcoming release.

  There were some problems with the network performance of FreeBSD 4.4
that were never discovered during the release candidates phase, so I'd
like to take a more pro-active role in getting users to test the
system in more demanding environments.

  A complete list of changes is available in the 4.5-PRERELEASE
release notes, available at :

   http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/relnotes/

  In particular, a number of NFS and VM bug fixes have been committed
to -STABLE in the past week.  A number of significant bug-fixes and
enhancements have recently been made to our networking stack as well.
More than anything, we just need more users to run 4.5-PRERELEASE and
the upcoming release candidates and report any performance or
stability problems.  Please help us make FreeBSD 4.5 our best
performing release ever!

      Thanks,
      - Murray

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z