Date:      11 Jun 2002 06:40:37 -0400
From:      Dan Pelleg <daniel@pelleg.org>
To:        aaron g <click46@operamail.com>
Cc:        k.joch@kmjeuro.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jail and if alias

"aaron g" <click46@operamail.com> writes:

> > as far as i have found in the archives 4.x doesnt support > if alias in jails.
> > is current already to be used on a production box where
> > this is needed? want
> > to avoid to setup 5 jails to have the needed 5 IPs?
> > --
> > --
> > Best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
>
> > Karl M. Joch
> > http://www.freebsd.at - Power Operating System
>
> The 4.x jailing subsystem does not support multiple IP's.
> I am having the same difficulties as you and have decided
> to try out -CURRENT. I'm not sure how fit it is for a
> production environment but will find out soon ;)

I've run into a similar problem myself, and the solution I found might work
for you as well. Set the aliases on the host, and use natd with static NAT
to funnel everything to the jail's IP. Not globally applicable (the
application may or may not care what IP it binds to or what hostname it
reports back), but it might do the trick for you.

--

  Dan Pelleg