Date:      Tue,  4 Mar 97 09:53:05 +0100
From:      Ben Stuyts <benst@terminus.stuyts.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Are multi-session cdrom's supported?

I haven't got any responses yet about the following question. Please, has
anybody got any idea why this isn't working?

Begin forwarded message:

Hi,

I just appended a second session to a CDR. I wrote the CDR under Win95 with
Gear 4 software on a Philips CDD2600 drive. The same drive is now being used
to read the CDR under FreeBSD 2.2 gamma, ctm 189.

I am unable to read the second session under FreeBSD; I can only see the data
from the first session. However, df shows that the disc has the correct
amount of data on it. du on the mount point only shows the data for the first
session. I tried mounting /dev/cd0a and /dev/cd0c. No difference.

I can read the second session correctly under Win95 and WinNT.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong or doesn't FreeBSD support
multi-session cdrom's, or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Ben