Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 1995 08:15:15 +0600 (GMT+0600)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        dennis@et.htp.com (dennis)
Cc:        md@dcs.qmw.ac.uk, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wanted: 100bT EISA ethernet recommendation

> >EISA bus speed is 33Mb per sec which is 3.3 times faster than 100bT
> >ethernet, so speed is not a problem.
> >
> You're arguing against yourself here. I hope that EISA is more than 33mbs
> since I get 40mbs on my 10mhz ISA bus. But I was pretty sure that 100bT was
              ^^^^^       ^^
ISA bus takes two cycles per transfer and transfers 2 bytes. Normal clock
speed is 16MHz, it gives 8M transfers per second and 16MBs. Perhaps your
bus gives 10M transfers per second (I don't believe that you have slowed
your bus :-) ) and 20MBs. But not 40.

> 100mbs.....
  ^^^^^^
Yes, 100 Mega bits (Mbs) per second, not Bytes (MBs) :-)
	      ^^^^

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia