Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 1996 22:58:42 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com (Dave Babler)
Cc:        root@buffnet.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RESPONSE FROM CYBERPROMO

> > > : Version 9-30-96:
> > > : Cyber Promotions has started to implement stricter Terms of Service
> > >
> > >  These guys keep filling my mailbox up with this stuff... again, and
> > >  again and again.
> >
> > Mine too!
[..]
> > Now there is an idea!
> >
> Or for a new meaning to "FAST CASH NOW!!" check out:
>
> 	http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47
>
> The law establishes a $500 per incident fine for sending unsolicited
> commercial message traffic (seen a junk FAX lately?). So far, every time
> somebody gets unwanted junk mail here, I send a message to the site's
> postmaster account and mention in passing the law and the fine... never
> had an incident where the spam continued.

Is this also valid for non-US recipients ?

I sent them a mail to stop and when they didn't just added
    ldeny all  from 208.9.65.0/27 to 134.147.6.0/26
    ldeny all  from 208.9.65.0/27 to gluon.mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
to our IP filter rules.
Only one incident in the logs since then.

Robert

--
Robert Eckardt                \\ FreeBSD -- solutions for a large universe.(tm)
RobertE@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de \\       What do you want to boot tomorrow ?(tm)