Date:      Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:00:44 -0500
From:      Jerry Sloan <gasloan@direcway.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems installing on Sager Laptop

Brooks Davis wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:49:40AM -0500, Jerry Sloan wrote:
>

>>Hello List,
>>
>>I am attempting to do an ftp install of FreeBSD release on an older
>>Sager laptop. Pentium MMX. I go through the floppy part and when I am
>>able to setup partitions it says No Disk found. The boot floppy finds
>>the disk as disk1. Any and all help will be appreciated.
>>

>You're going to have to provide a lot more information for use to do
>anything for you.
>
>Which version of FreeBSD are you using?  What do you mean by "The boot
>floppy finds the disk as disk1"?  Can you see anything that looks like a
>disk drive or controler in the dmesg?
>
>-- Brooks

Brooks,

Sorry for not being more specific. I am trying to install 5.3 Release
over the net. When I boot from the boot floppy to do the setup one of
the first things I see on the screen BIOS drive c: =disk1. I'm not sure
if a controller or hard drive is showing in dmesg since it moves by so
fast, and it isn't being created anywhere.

Jerry