Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 04:15:44 -0500
From:      "J. Seth Henry" <jshenry@net-noise.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Dangerously dedicatd drives

Has the ability to dangerously dedicate (use all available space) been
removed from sysinstall? The last couple of times I have used it, I wasn't
asked - and it created a normal partition map. I had gotten used to being
able to "dangerously dedicate" drives to get the last few Mb out of them -
since my BSD machine only runs FreeBSD. Is there another way to create
slices other than sysinstall that still allows for this? direct disk editing
(using disklabel) didn't seem to do the trick.

Thanks,
Seth Henry
jshenry@uark.edu