Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:42:27 +1100
From:      Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com>
To:        Martin Matuska <mm@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New ZFSv28 patchset for 8-STABLE: Kernel Panic

Hi

On Wednesday, 29 December 2010, Martin Matuska <mm@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Please don't consider these patches as production-ready.
> What we want to do is find and resolve as many bugs as possible.
>
> To help us fix these bugs, a way to reproduce the bug from a clean start
> (e.g. in virtualbox) would be great and speed up finding the cause for
> the problem.
>
> Your problem looks like some sort of deadlock. In your case, when you
> experiene the hang, try running "procstat -k -k PID" in another shell
> (console). That will give us valuable information.

I am away until next week now (hopefully no problem will occur until then)

I will try reproduce the issue then. I have to say that v28 massively
increased write performance over samba, over 3 times than when v14 or
v15.

How do you disable ZIL with v28? I wanted to test performance in the
case I'm trying to qtroubleshoot.
Writing our file over samba,
V14-v15: 55s
V14-v15 zip disabled: 6s
V28: 16s.. (with or without separate log drive: SSD Intel X25-m 40GB).
Playing with the only zil parameter showing in sysctl, made no
difference whatsoever.
UFS boot drive: 14s

sequential read shows over 280MB/s from that raidz array, similar with writes

I started a thread in the freebsd forum:

And finally, which patch should I try on your site?

Thanks